“Thriving & Inspiring thru Heart and Art”
Exhibition in Atlanta, GA
June 20 – 22, 2019
Dementia, including Alzheimer’s is a condition that is widely misunderstood and stigmatized, which negatively affects the lives of individuals and families living with dementia. The Dementia Action Alliance is hosting an Arts Fest to highlight the enjoyment of creative expression and the many abilities and creative talents individuals continue to have while living with dementia.
Art by individuals living with dementia will be exhibited at the 2019 Dementia Action Alliance national conference at the Westin Buckhead Hotel in Atlanta, June 20-22, 2019.
If you are a person living with dementia who engages in creative projects or you’re a leader of a creativity program for people living with dementia, we want to hear from you!
It’s an easy process to submit:
- Take a photo of the artwork. (You are invited to submit up to 3 pieces of art.)
- Write down the title of the artwork, dimensions, medium, and year it was created.
- Write down your name (artist name) and contact information.
- Write down a brief description about how creating art impacts you and makes you feel.
Please let us know if you are submitting artwork on behalf of someone else.
- Email the above information to Karen Love at email@example.com.
If you have any questions, contact Karen Love at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest in the Arts Fest.
Art by Mike Belleville
Listen to a recent This Dementia Life podcast in which Mike Belleville talks about creating art.